South Africa is a top tourist destination, attracting visitors from all over the world. Every year, the country welcomes millions of tourists, who come to enjoy its stunning scenery, diverse culture and wildlife, and warm weather.
South Africa is a popular destination for all kinds of travelers. Nature lovers can explore the country’s many national parks and reserves, while adventure seekers can go hiking, biking, or surfing. Culture vultures can enjoy the country’s vibrant arts and music scene, and foodies can sample the delicious local cuisine.
With so much to see and do, it’s no wonder that South Africa is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. In fact, the country welcomed a record-breaking 16.5 million international tourists in 2018. This was an increase of 4.5% from the previous year, and it’s a trend that looks set to continue.
So, if you’re thinking of visiting South Africa, you’re in good company!South Africa is a renowned tourist destination, with over 10 million international visitors each year. The country is blessed with a diverse array of natural beauty, from the stunning Table Mountain and Cape Winelands, to the majestic Kruger National Park and the pristine beaches of the Garden Route. South Africa is also a land of great cultural diversity, with 11 official languages and a vibrant mix of traditions and customs.
With so much to offer, it’s no wonder that South Africa is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Here are some quick facts about tourism in South Africa:
– In 2018, there were 10.3 million international tourist arrivals to South Africa.
– The top five source markets for tourists to South Africa are: the United Kingdom, the United States, Germany, France and Australia.
– South Africa is the seventh most visited country in Africa.
– Tourism is South Africa’s third largest foreign exchange earner, contributing around R140 billion (US$9.8 billion) to the economy in 2018.
– The tourism sector directly employs around 5% of the country’s workforce.
– In 2018, the average length of stay for international tourists was 9.1 nights.
Whether you’re looking for an action-packed adventure or a relaxing beach holiday, South Africa has something for everyone. So why not start planning your trip today?